I’m a breastfeeding mom for the second time now, and I still struggle with finding an appropriately fitting bra that is comfortable. I would say the majority of the time I end up wearing nursing camisoles with the built in bra, but I know this isn’t what is best. Recently, BurritoBuzz connected with Bella Materna, and I was able to try out one of their nursing bras of my choice. I decided on a Smooth Wirefree Nursing Bra. I’ve never been a fan of wires, so this one sounded perfect. I only looked briefly at other options through their website and this specific bra received 5 stars, which further sold me. Here’s my verdict . . .
- Comfortable – So far, I’ve worn this bra to work (I work full-time as an RN and I’m always on my feet and moving), around the house, out running errands for a few hours, to bed, and even to do a small work out. Throughout every activity this bra was never uncomfortable.
- Bella Materna advertises this specific bra as having “spacer fabric cups for nursing pad coverage and a flexible fit.” I found this point to be true. I wore my fabric nursing pads in the bra and still found it to fit appropriately and comfortably. The nursing pads also stayed in place well within the bra.
- I found the bra to be sized appropriately. I find it hard to decide what size to buy once you start breastfeeding and your milk comes in; luckily I guessed right with this bra with the help of the sizing chart found on the website. I feel like the fabric and coverage allow for some flexibility so the bra still fit well when my breasts were fuller in the morning versus the evenings when they are less full.
- The bra is easy on the eyes. It was offered in two colors online, Rose and Black. I opted for the black. I think its difficult to find a nursing bra that looks “normal,” and this bra did that for me. The bra has a “vintage” look which I also liked.
- The clips on either side of the cup/strap are easily undone with one hand for nursing, but not too easily that they came undone on their own. I’m often wishing I had more hands when I’m getting ready to start breastfeeding my little guy, so I appreciated that I could undo the bra using one hand. This way I’m ready to go quickly when baby is hungry.
- I did not take advantage of this feature, but on the website, Bella Materna advertises, “Add the Racerback Accessory . . . turns any bra into a racerback bra!” I think this is an awesome idea and something unique to nursing bras especially. So definitely check this out if you’re interested!
- I’m cheap. I thought this bra was overpriced for what it was. I have never been one to spend much on undergarments though, so others may not agree. I know it is difficult to find a good fitting nursing bra with the perks of it being a nursing bra, but I thought $78 bucks was pretty steep. My nursing camisoles from Motherhood Maternity are often on sale and at $24.98, a no brainer in my eyes.
- Although very comfortable, breathable, and flexibly fitting, I thought the fabric was too thin. I know most nursing mommas can relate to the firmer nipples we get with breastfeeding. I felt that they were still noticeable with the bra and a nursing pad because of the thin fabric.
Overall, I give the Bella Materna Smooth Wirefree Nursing Bra 4 stars. It met my needs in the areas of comfort, quality, ease of use, and appearance. I just found it pricey and the fabric too thin. If you are interested in finding good quality nursing bras, I would recommend atleast looking into Bella Materna, because they had other options on their site and the bra I sampled was of good quality. This company also offers a variety of other products for Mommas out there – loungewear, breast pads, and even breast pumps. Right now, their website is offering a 10% discount on your first purchase by just entering your e-mail address and also Free Shipping in the U.S. Check them out!
**Burrito Buzz received this product at low or no cost for the purpose of review or testing. No compensation for a positive review was provided. All product reviews are based 100% off of our personal experiences with a product and we never guarantee a positive review.**