I forgot how amazing this toy was until I got it back out for baby #2. It costs $29.88 on Amazon and it is absolutely worth every penny.
I love the versatility of this thing. My little guy is sitting up on his own now, so I can remove the front panel and he can sit and play with it. Once he does start to pull himself up to stand he can use it and then he will be off and running (hopefully walking first!) Amazon advertises the item to be “meant for babies and toddlers 9 months to 3 years old.” I guess my kiddos will be starting to fight over this one!
Here are some other cool features:
- Wheels – I think it’s super important to note that this walker will move well on hard and carpeted flooring. We have both in our home, and I remember thinking how awesome this was with my daughter when she would walk with it. There are also adjustments on the rear wheels to add more tension so the walker will move slower. I noticed this helped especially when my daughter was a rookie walker.
- Noise – this has everything from songs, short phrases, sounds, and music. This walker has a wide variety. On Amazon, it is advertised at having “over 70” different sound effects and songs. I never kept track, but I will say it is not one of the loud annoying toys I wish I could throw out!
- Modes – The walker features 2 separate modes. One being a musical mode and the other a learning mode. I didn’t think I would really care that much about this feature, but I will say as my oldest grew, I found that we would use the music mode less and learning mode more because she could listen and understand.
- Phone – My oldest loved the phone on the walker. It’s removable and makes sound effects to play along. It was the first thing she went for when I got it back out for my youngest and she is going to be 3 soon!
- Activities – Along with the phone, there are several other activities on this walker that are in a farm theme. Rollers, gear spinners, removable shape sorters, light-up buttons, and piano keys are amongst the different items on the walker encouraging hours of play time and learning. Your little ones will be learning shapes, animals, colors, and songs as they play along. As your kiddos start to walk with the walker, it is actually motion-activated, so the panel will still be playing sounds and music as they are on the go.
- Assembly – If I remember correctly, it was super easy to put together and batteries were included. It also is available in a pink version for the same price on Amazon. Can’t beat that! Everything is in bright colors and assembled well. We haven’t had any issues with stickers coming off or anything breaking on the walker.
I can honestly say that I can’t think of anything I don’t like about this toy. Some of the reviews I read before choosing this one talked about it being too light and tipping; my kids have not had this problem. I can’t say that my daughter never fell when she pushed it, but it was usually just because she was new to walking and it was never anything serious.
I think it’s a great buy for the cost and I’m excited to use it again for my second kiddo. If your little one has a first birthday coming up, I highly recommend this item!! Good job, VTech!