If you’re looking for something new and fun (and most importantly free) to do this summer with the kids, you have to check out the new Central Park in Green, Ohio! Ideally located between Canton and Akron off of Steese Road, this beautiful 8 acre park has so much to offer the community! The park will keep your little ones busy for hours, between the playground, 3 ponds, walking path, open green grass to run around on and splash pad.
There is also a concession stand to grab snacks while playing. It’s also an ideal park to have a picnic at, as the scenery is gorgeous. There’s a ton of parking, so you shouldn’t have to worry about finding a parking spot, even on the busiest of days. There is also an area that will hold the Farmer’s Market Plaza which will be every Tuesday from 3:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m. starting July 12th and running through September 27th. Hours for the splash pad are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. To keep the fun going when summer is over, a spot near the Central Administration Building’s parking lot will be turned into an ice skating rink during the winter months. We went for a few hours on Saturday July 9th (opening day) and we had a fabulous time. I cannot wait take my daughters again and enjoy all of the awesome events that I’m sure will take place there over the years!
- a mile-long paved walking path
- 3 beautiful ponds
- stunning landscape
- a gorgeous rentable 1,110 S.F. community building that holds up to 99 people, complete with beautiful outside patio with table and chairs – perfect for meetings, birthday parties, small weddings, baby/wedding showers and get togethers (rentals begin July 11th, call 330-896-6621 for reservations)
- a playground with rock climbing wall, slides, swings and so much more for all ages
- an awesome splash pad (accommodates up to 100 children) with seats and shade for parents
- Farmer’s Market every Tuesday from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m from July 12th to September 27th (click here for the application to become a vendor at the Farmer’s Market at Central Park)
- plenty of park benches and several picnic tables near the concession stand
- outdoor concession stand for refreshments and snacks
- an outdoor amphitheater with concrete seating for up to 350 people and 150 people on the lawn area, perfect for outdoor concerts and performances
- several family bathrooms in the same building as the concession stand
- plenty of parking, there is a parking lot off of Steese Road near the Green Intermediate School and the parking lot next to the Central Administration Building; 4 handicap spaces
- dogs are permitted in the park (except on splash pad, amphitheater and playground)
- seasonal ice skating rink to accommodate up to 47 people
- gorgeous scenery everywhere you look
- drinking fountains near the community building
The park’s address is 1795 Steese Road, Uniontown, OH 44685, which has a parking lot to park at and access to the park near the pond. The address of the Central Administration Building is 1755 Town Park Blvd, Uniontown, OH 44685, which also has a parking lot and access to the park near the community building. If decide to take your little ones, let us know what you think! I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic time, I know we did!